From the beginning of time, music has been a very important part of Irish culture and traditions. In the past our history was passed down through songs, music and storytelling.
The Coleman Centre offers a range of suitable activities for National Schools.
- Visit the Coleman Cottage
- Visit the music exhibition area – learn about the history of Irish traditional music through interactive touch screens, audio-visual, pictures, etc
- Visit the Comhaltas Archive and artefacts
- A music lesson on the bodhrán or whistle
- Demonstration of musical instruments with a hands-on experience instructed by local musicians.
Cost ranges from €8 to €12 depending on activities chosen